The event will feature 2½ days of education sessions, an opening night party, the OGSA annual general meeting, industry-sponsored hospitality receptions and networking opportunities.
Keynote speaker for the Tuesday opening day is comedian and motivational speaker Bill Carr who for the past 25 years has injected humour into what is trivial while helping his audiences think deeply about what counts. He is scheduled to speak at 9 a.m.
The lineup of speakers and their topics includes:
Tuesday, Jan. 16
- Just what the grass requires: using and understanding the MLSN guidelines for nutrient recommendations (Dr. Micah Woods, chief scientist, Asian Turfgrass Center).
- Fungicide rotation (Dr. Geunhwa Jung, University of Massachusetts, Stockbridge School of Agriculture).
- Leaves of grass: applications and implications of clipping volume (Dr. Micah Woods, chief scientist, Asian Turfgrass Center).
- Relationships matter (Bob Farren, director of golf course maintenance, Pinehurst Resort).
- Drones, robots and the metric system (Paul Robertson, superintendent, Victoria (B.C.) Golf Club).
- Work inspired (Bill Carr, comedian and motivational speaker).
- Fairway rolling on control of dollar spot and thatch management (Dr. Geunhwa Jung, University of Massachusetts, Stockbridge School of Agriculture).
- Turning the clock back to a sustainable future for Pinehurst (Bob Farren, director of golf course maintenance, Pinehurst Resort)
- High performance putting surfaces (Dr. Frank Rossi, New York extension turfgrass specialist, Cornell University).
- Panel session: the summers of 2016 and 2017 (panelists to be determined).