Turf & Rec

Features Profiles
Boy’s Christmas present sets front lawn on fire

Playing with magnifying glass got out of control

December 30, 2019  By CTV News

A 12-year-old boy inadvertently set his family’s front lawn on fire on Christmas Day, thanks to a gift he had just unwrapped. The Texas lad used his new magnifying glass to see if he could burn holes into a piece of paper, but a corner of the lawn along with front yard Christmas lights soon went up in flames.


Print this page


Stories continue below