Sports Turf Canada establishes scholarship in name of its founding president
Deadline to apply Oct. 31
October 22, 2021 By Turf & Rec
A new scholarship has been introduced by Sports Turf Canada, to be awarded annually to a deserving member of the association.
The Michael J. Bladon Scholarship is named for Sports Turf Canada’s founding president who believed Canadian sports turf managers needed access to an association of their own as well as the professional development that such an organization provides. He felt those working in sports turf would be served better by having opportunities to interact, share, educate and be educated.
The deadline for application submissions is Oct. 31.
The successful applicant will:
• Stipulate that the scholarship is used to attend an education event in Canada, and is someone without access to funding to attend such an event.
• Apply by providing a one-page letter summarizing why he/she is a deserving candidate.
• Supply a letter of support from his/her direct supervisor confirming the location of his/her employ.
• Be actively employed in an environment where managing sports-related turfgrass is part of his/her department’s work scope.
• Be a Canadian resident.
The scholarship will provide:
• A $1,000 base
• An additional $250 for anyone having to travel in excess of 600 kilometres (round trip), but not more than 1,200 kilometres.
• Scholarship maximum of $1,500 per annum supplied by the Bladon Family Trust.
To apply for the scholarship, click here.
Print this page