A new concept for wide-area rolling
A new concept in wide-area rolling has been presented by Progressive Turf Equipment. Its Pro-Roll 10 and Pro-Roll 15 are versatile wide-area turf rollers with 10-feet, eight-inch or 15-foot rolling widths.
Ideal for smoothing flat or contoured turf, they have been shown to aid in reducing disease pressure and permit a reduction in mowing frequency and chemical usage, while still being gentle enough for use on new growth and delicate turf.
The Pro-Roll 10 and Pro-Roll 15 can produce consistent compaction, regardless of the terrain profile as each roller is able to independently track changing contours. Solid ballast is easily added to or removed from each roller deck allowing even compaction across all rollers.
Whether it is a tight corner of a sports field or negotiating a fairway hazard, the Pro-Roll has the ability to make sharp turns without scuffing, all thanks to the four individually-mounted transport tires, the short roller length and Progressive’s unique Pro Lift-N-Turn™ system.
The Pro-Roll 10 and Pro-Roll 15 can be used with either a compact tractor or a wide range of utility vehicles.
Advantages of both units include:
• Multiple, short length rollers makes both Pro-Roll models very maneuverable and flexible, permitting true ground tracking even in highly contoured turf
• Pro Lift-N-Turn™ system: An exclusive but essential feature, permits sharper turns without the fear of scuffing and allows you to quickly exit a fairway when play approaches
• A Pro-Roll is more efficient and effective for dew removal than two vehicles pulling a ‘snake’
• Easily adjusted solid ballast allows compaction to be varied between 5.8 and 11.6 psi on each roller*, ensuring that compaction is equally applied to all rollers regardless of terrain
The Pro-Roll 10 and Pro-Roll 15 are adaptable to changing localized conditions and are ideal for:
• Golf course fairways, landing zones greens and tees
• Sports fields, including baseball diamonds, football and soccer fields
• Corporate campuses, parklands and estates
• Landscape and sod installation
• Turf production
For more information, visit http://www.progressiveturfequip.com/pro-roll_details.php.
Settlement reached in lawn mower class action suitJan. 22, 2019 – A class action suit launched in…
CFL to meet with turf manufacturers after ice bowlNov. 27, 2018 – Criticism of the icy field conditions…
Superior Court adds new drama to Glen Abbey sagaDec. 18, 2018 – A decision rendered by Justice Morgan…
Grass not a foe, but an ally of the environmentA three-year research program aimed at improving turfgrass in residential…
Canadian Golf Course Management Conference
March 4-7, 2019