Full-timeKitchener, ONMTD Products Limited 2017-09-05Danielle
MTD Products Inc. is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and sales of outdoor power equipment. As a multinational privately held company, MTD provides high quality consumer goods through mass merchants, independent retail networks and online. We’re looking for employees who want to be part of our future, and who are dedicated to product innovation and outstanding customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Principal responsibilities include the following:
- In conjunction with the Independent Retail Management Team (IRMT), contribute to the development of key sales programs, product-line-ups, including pricing and margin decisions, considering input from customers, market statistics, and competitive industry information that will ensure growth within the Ontario and Western Canada region.
- Working with the IRMT, ensure all strategic planning is established and executed within the regions to ensure the attainment of business goals and targets through effective management of IR dealers across the various regions. Meet with key clients across the regions regularly, assisting Territory Managers (TMs) in maintaining and growing relationships.
- Supervise and coach each individual TM within Ontario and Western Canada to contribute to the success of the TMs, the Dealers, and the Division. Analyze and control expenditures of TMs to conform to budgetary requirements. Set performance goals and targets for each TM. Evaluate actual performance versus targets, suggest strategies to continue growth or correct negative results. Suggest training support to help develop personnel to reach their maximum performance.
- Work with the IR Sales Analyst to provide rolling sales forecast and budget data to the IRMT.
- Constantly analyze Ontario and Western Canada market conditions to determine customer needs and formulate appropriate strategies to ensure profitable growth. Communicate needs to IRMT.
- Prepare and deliver annual dealer Product and Sales presentations at National and/or Regional meetings.
- Represent division at Regional tradeshows & association meetings to promote products.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of our competition and distribute this information to IRMT.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or 5 to 7 years of sales experience with independent dealers and retailers, or combination of education and experience.
- Self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills.
- Previous experience leading a sales team.
- Strong organizational and execution skills working across multiple sales and support channels.
- Efficient in MS Office Suite. Experience working with Salesforce considered an asset.
- French Bilingual considered an asset.
MTD Team Requirements
- You are able to work with others while still striving towards your personal goals.
- You bring positive attitude and are willing to help others every day.
- You hold onto Integrity, Stewardship, Respect and Passion at work and at home.
- You are approachable and friendly and have a “work hard, play hard” mentality
Please send Cover Letter, Resume and salary expectations to
with “National MPP Sales Manager” in the subject line.