Responsible for the execution of profitable sales (whole goods, parts & accessories/attachments) activities within the MPP geographical area. Ensure the growth and profit of the Canadian Retail division (IR) from a present and future perspective, while ensuring IR dealers are positioned to do the same. Lead, manage and develop the Territory Managers within Ontario and Western Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Principal responsibilities include the following:
- In conjunction with the Independent Retail Management Team (IRMT), contribute to the development of key sales programs, product-line-ups, including pricing and margin decisions, considering input from customers, market statistics, and competitive industry information that will ensure growth within the Ontario and Western Canada region.
- Working with the IRMT, ensure all strategic planning is established and executed within the regions to ensure the attainment of business goals and targets through effective management of IR dealers across the various regions. Meet with key clients across the regions regularly, assisting Territory Managers (TMs) in maintaining and growing relationships.
- Supervise and coach each individual TM within Ontario and Western Canada to contribute to the success of the TMs, the Dealers, and the Division. Analyze and control expenditures of TMs to conform to budgetary requirements. Set performance goals and targets for each TM. Evaluate actual performance versus targets, suggest strategies to continue growth or correct negative results. Suggest training support to help develop personnel to reach their maximum performance.
- Work with the IR Sales Analyst to provide rolling sales forecast and budget data to the IRMT.
- Constantly analyze Ontario and Western Canada market conditions to determine customer needs and formulate appropriate strategies to ensure profitable growth. Communicate needs to IRMT.
- Prepare and deliver annual dealer Product and Sales presentations at National and/or Regional meetings
- Represent division at Regional tradeshows & association meetings to promote products.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of our competition and distribute this information to IRMT.