Turf & Rec

News Profiles
Decaying mushrooms, rotten food likely caused dogs’ illnesses walking golf course

N.S. vet says dogs don't discriminate when eating


January 10, 2020
By CBC News

Topics
Three dogs have been treated at the Amherst Veterinary Hospital after ingesting what is believed to be decaying mushrooms and rotten food while walking the Amherst Golf Club. Carolyn Hollis

Just when it seemed all eyes were looking at a Nova Scotia golf course after a trio of dogs recently became seriously ill after walking on the premises, an Amherst veterinarian says the likely cause of their seizures and tremors was decaying mushrooms and rotten food along the route. Dr. Carolyn Hollis said it is unusual that three dogs walking the same route through the golf course within the same week could exhibit similar symptoms, but added the likely reason for their illnesses was the decaying food they ate.

READ MORE