THE Sports Turf Association, the Ontario Parks Association and the Ontario Recreation Facilities Association are working in collaboration with one another as the Parks and Open Space Alliance to celebrate “June is Recreation and Parks Month.”
The group is offering a professional development opportunity for the collective memberships.
Topics for the forum have been selected by each organization based on past inquiries and emerging issues which affect their sector or the industry.
The Occupational Health and Safety Act defines required competency for all workers as:
• Qualified because of knowledge, training and experience to organize the work and its performance.
• Familiar with the act and the regulations that apply to the work.
• Has knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the workplace.
With this definition in mind, this year’s Summer Operational Forum has been designed to assist those who work or supervise workers in a park or open space environment stay current with industry-related issues while at the same time helping to maintain existing level of competencies.”
The event is scheduled for June 24 at Lakeview Park’s Jubilee Pavillion in Oshawa.
Print this page
- Snow & Ice Management Association announces salt supply webinar
- Hort school information session at Kwantlen