By Turf & Rec
Program designed to professionally develop assistant superintendents
By Turf & Rec
The deadline for assistant golf superintendents to apply to the Green Start Academy has been extended to Tuesday, Sept. 8. The program, sponsored by John Deere and Bayer, is adopting a virtual format this fall due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Academy officials have also announced new details about the event, including its keynote speaker and professional development sessions.
The series will take place weekly over four weeks with 90 minutes on every Wednesday from 3-4:30 p.m. EST. The agenda is as follows:
- Oct 14: Jeff Havens (keynote speaker) – Leading in a Multigenerational Organization
- Oct 21: Carol Rau – How to Stand Out as an Assistant When Applying for Jobs
- Oct 28: Carlos Arraya – Leading Golf’s Multicultural Organizations
- Nov 4: Carol Rau – Position Yourself for Success
Industry leaders confirmed for the mentorship program include:
- Grant Murphy – Barrie Country Club in Barrie, ON, CA
- Carlos Arraya – Bellerive Country Club in St Louis, MO
- Dan Meersman – Philadelphia Cricket Club in Philadelphia, PA
- PJ Salter – Riveria Country Club in Miami, FL
- Bob Farren – Pinehurst Resort in Pinehurst, NC
- Lukus Harvey – Atlanta Athletic Club in Atlanta, GA
For more information about the academy, visit here.
Assistant golf superintendents wishing to apply can visit here.