Women in Green
25th anniversary of four-day Women in the Green Industry conference to be held Oct. 6-9 in Texas
Speaker-filled lineup for women-only event
May 25, 2022 By Turf & Rec
Registration is now open for the 25th annual Women in the Green Industry (WIGI) conference, to be held Oct. 6-9 in San Antonio, Texas.
Founded and sponsored by SiteOne Landscape Supply, the four-day professional development event focuses on helping women flourish in the green industry. Since the beginning, WIGI has been dedicated to the development of professional women in the green industry. The annual conference is a once-a-year getaway to bond, swap stories and build a lifetime of industry support.
The women-only event is ideal for business owners, office managers, purchasing agents, installers, field workers or anyone in the green industry who desires to grow their business and expand their personal horizons.
“The industry is navigating many more challenges than years previous,” Christina Moore, senior events manager at SiteOne, said. “Finding qualified labour for work, navigating rising prices, allocating products to complete jobs – it’s time we pause to help each other flourish despite these dynamic times. It’s important we celebrate and encourage the role women play in the future of the green industry.”
WIGI will feature five speakers to the stage to cover critical topics in the industry. Attendees will walk away with a variety of lessons, including how to shed one’s
self-limiting beliefs, how to identify key players in the market to grow a business, and the foundations of wellness practices to support one’s intellectual, occupational, emotional, spiritual, environmental, physical and social well-being.
Keynote sessions include:
- “Deal Your Destiny,” by Kate Delaney, business and motivational speaker.
- “An Introduction to Wellness for Landscape Professionals,” presented by Laure Butcher, assistant director, personal training, Auburn University.
- “Your MARKET – Learn How to Read, Leverage & Monopolize It,” presented by Judy Guido, executive business coach and chairwomen, Guido Associates.
- “Gain the Confidence to Succeed and Empower Others,” presented by Ashley Black, talent acquisition and organizational development manager, Hunter Industries.
- “Building a Team Today and Bench Strength for the Future,” presented by Jennifer Lemke, CEO of Weed Man.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from guest speakers, sponsors and each other by attending breakout sessions focused on topics, including:
- “Boosting the Biz Inside and Out Through Photos,” presented by Deborah Cole, owner, Deborah Cole Photography.
- “Value Proposition – Learn how to Build & Leverage One to Monopolize Your Market,” presented by Judy Guido, executive business coach and chairwomen,
- “Know Your Break-Even, So You Don’t Break the Bank,” presented by Lisa McCarthy, founding partner/COO at Out of the Box Technology.
- “Streamline Your Business Through Digital,” presented by Dawn Hoff, senior customer experience manager, SiteOne Landscape Supply.
- “Innovating Your Turf and Ornamental Fertility Management Program to Improve Profitability,” presented by Vera Gasparini, agronomist, Turf Care Supply.
- “Lighten Up! Five Labor-Saving Strategies That Work,” presented by Stephanie McKay, key account manager, Nufarm and Tracy Rich, VP of customer & brand marketing, Nufarm.
- “Go with the Flow: Irrigation Essentials,” presented by Julie Zigler, Hunter specification sales manager, Hunter Industries.
- “Get Illuminated: Strategies for Customer Engagement,” presented by Sarah Auyeung, product manager, FX Luminaire Lighting Fixtures, FX Luminaire.
- “Outdoor Living Design Trends,” presented by Kalynne Connolly, regional marketing manager, Oldcastle APG and Alex Ranshaw, regional marketing manager, Oldcastle APG.
- “Adding a New Profit Centre to Your Business,” presented by Megan Pratt, Belgard sales manager, Oldcastle APG and Jessica Burnett, Oldcastle APG.
- “Now Hiring – Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches: How to Craft a Great Job Description,” presented by Robyn Moffat, recruiting manager, SiteOne Landscape Supply, and Michele Posehn, senior manager, diversity & university relations, SiteOne Landscape Supply.
- “Social Media Planning to Hit Your Goals,” presented by Emily Lindley, content & event manager, The Grow Group.
- “Top 10 Mistakes in QuickBooks,” presented by Lisa McCarthy, founding partner/COO at Out of the Box Technology.
- “How Do You Turn Good Ideas Into Great Businesses?” presented by Judy Guido, executive business coach and chairwomen, Guido Associates.
- “Wellness for Landscape Professionals,” presented by Laure Butcher, assistant director, personal training, Auburn University.
- “The Three Ps of Regulatory Zen,” presented by Jill Holihan, director, US regulatory, Nufarm.
- “Win More Profitable Work with Powerful Estimates & Job Costing,” presented by LMN.
WIGI sponsors include Hunter, FX Luminaire, Belgard, Techniseal, Bayer, LMN, NDS, Nufarm, Paige Electric, Syngenta, The Grow Group and Turf Care Supply.
SiteOne customers can apply 75,000 Partners Points to cover the registration fee of $999, or 95,000 Partners Points for a registration package of $1,299, including round trip airfare, hotel, ground transportation, group meals, classes and keynote sessions. T0 register, click here.
Print this page